Monday, July 3, 2023

Valentine's Day Dinner 2023


As the kids get older, it's hard to hang on to all the little traditions we have built over the years. We love a special holiday meal, and have certain recipes they look forward to having for different occasions and holidays. They enjoy carrying on with these traditions as much as I do, but the trick is finding a night when everyone is home. Valentine's Day fell on a Tuesday this year. Brack was working and Jewell and Colby had school activities. I can't remember what day we actually had our Valentine's Day dinner. I think it was the next Sunday night!


I didn't really have a theme. I couldn't even find pictures of what we ate, so I guess it was something ordinary. But I did want to set a pretty table and make it a special time for everyone.


First I pulled out these dishes. They screamed Valentine's Day, don't you think? I've used them before for a very fancy Valentine's Day several years ago. You can see that post here. This was a lot more understated than that table! But still very pretty. This pattern is called "Double Phoenix" in red by Nikko. It is so beautiful!


The amber stemware is "Jamestown" by Fostoria. 


I seldom set a table without using a tablecloth - and it's generally a white one. But this time, I went with a bare table. I think it makes it a little more casual. And my cherry table has some pretty gold in the wood grain. I think it all worked nicely together!


The bowl with the filigree balls and the gold and marble obelisks came from my bedroom. I grabbed them off a tall chest of drawers. They have lots of interest and movement in the details and are just what I needed for the center of my table.


I like the varying heights I have going on.


I usually mix and match my plates, but as I said, this was a quick dinner for family, so I kept it simple and used matching pieces. The flatware is "Abigail" by Hampton Silversmiths.


I like to mix patterns, so I pulled out these gorgeous napkins from Pottery Barn. They retailed at way more than I would ever spend for napkins, but I found six at a yard sale for .50 cents a piece. Then I found another six at a local thrift store for the same price! A floral swirl pattern help pull them together with the dinner plates.

I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy tablesetting, and that it inspires you to take a few minutes and pull out some special pieces for your friends and loved ones! It doesn't have to be expensive or extensive to be beautiful!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS