Thursday, November 19, 2015

Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Bars


This week I've been sharing the recipes for the meal I made for my Stampin' Up monthly hostess meeting back in October. I've given you the recipes for Gerald's Favorite Chicken Salad and the delicious homemade French onion dip. Today I wrap things up by linking you back to my recipe for Mama's Best Pickles and by providing you the details for the yummy Chocolate Chip Pecan Bars I made for dessert. They're gooey, rich, and just perfect for this time of year.

Chocolate Chip Pecan Bars

1 stick of butter at room temp
2 tsp vanilla, divided
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup chocolate chips


Add butter, sugar, one teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt to a bowl. 


Cream together until smooth.


Add flour to creamed butter mixture and stir by hand. Dump into greased 9"x13" casserole dish.


Press into a layer to cover the bottom of the dish with your hands.


Switch to a glass to smooth it out and to move it into the corners. Press up the edges about 1/4".


Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until edges are beginning to turn golden brown.


While crust is baking, mix brown sugar, corn syrup, one teaspoon vanilla, salt, and eggs with a spoon. When crust is done, remove from oven. Add pecans to egg/syrup mixture and stir well. Pour over hot crust.


Sprinkle with chocolate chips (I had dark chocolate chips on hand and they were delicious!) and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Loosen sides from pan with a spatula while warm. Allow to cool completely before cutting.


Once they're cool, cut into rows of 9x4.

These were the perfect end to our meal. They had the flavor of pecan pies but the chewy texture of a bar cookie. The chocolate chips were insanely good!

I hope you've enjoyed these recipes! My intention was to make a dressed up box lunch for my friends to enjoy as we crafted. I think these recipes hit their mark!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS