Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015...The Invitation

Well, Thanksgiving weekend is drawing to a close. It's been a wonderful time to enjoy good food, but more importantly, good company. This was our tenth year to host Thanksgiving at our home. Gerald once told me that Thanksgiving was his favorite holiday. Since he works so hard to help me prepare for all the parties we host, I took his statement and ran with it!

We generally have a large group at Thanksgiving, and this year was no different, even though a few of our "regulars" weren't there. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful "extended" family. In addition to my parents and Gerald's parents, both my brothers and their families were here, as well as one of my sisters-in-law's parents, and her siblings and their families! Our families always enjoy being together, and this past Thanksgiving was no different.

I decided to send out a formal invitation this year. I have really enjoyed the Stampin' Up club I'm in, and I was inspired to create a handmade invitation for the occasion. Although - most of the things I used for this invitation came from my pre-Stampin' Up stock. 

I had found some resin pumpkins at Dollar Tree that were my inspiration for this year's decorations, so I went with pumpkins on the invitations as well. I'll show you how those dollar pumpkins turned out soon, but I figured the best place to start was with the invitations! 


I think they were simple, yet elegant, and I love the traditional Fall colors.


I found an artisan on Etsy that makes custom stamps, so I had one made not too long ago. I stamp the back of all my cards and invitations now. I really hope that those who receive the cards enjoy them as much as I enjoy making them. It's nice to hold something pretty in your hands that you know someone made just for you!

Consider this your invitation to stop back in over the next few days to see everything from the crafts I made to my tablesetting. I enjoyed doing it all, and I hope you'll enjoy taking a peek at our Thanksgiving!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS