Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Brown Sugar and Bacon Club Candy


Here's a simple but delicious recipe that I know you'll want to make soon. This is a recipe from the Pioneer Woman, and I first had it a few weeks ago at the inaugural meeting of our new Mixing Bowls Cookbook Club. (More on that tomorrow.) Hostess and organizer Kimberly Edwards made these, and they were delicious! I knew I wanted to make these soon, and my Christmas Crafting Party was the perfect opportunity! 

You've probably got the ingredients on hand.  Go check.  I'll wait...


I started by covering my pans with foil. Be sure to lightly spray your cooling racks with cooking spray.


Next, I cut my bacon in half. (When I opened the second package, I actually cut it in thirds, which is what I will do in the future. I know you won't believe me, but half a piece of bacon is almost too much. I know. Blasphemy, right?)


I really thought I called Jewell into the kitchen to take a picture of me wrapping them, but I can't find it. Anyway - it's pretty simple.

The recipe called for using a tablespoon of brown sugar (or Parmesan) but I couldn't get that much on the cracker. I used a teaspoon measuring spoon. Go ahead and pour some Parmesan in one bowl and brown sugar in another. You don't want to cross contaminate your containers if they touch the bacon.

I made one sleeve with brown sugar and one with Parmesan cheese.

Simply place the sugar or cheese on the cracker and then wrap with bacon.



Bake at 250 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours or until the bacon is done.


I was surprised at how little fat there is in the pan when they're done. I think the crackers absorb a lot of it...and that's a yummy thing!


The money shot...


I placed the Parmesan on one half of the platter and brown sugar on the other. These taste almost like candy, y'all! They're divine!


I think Ree Drummond calls them "Holiday Bacon Crackers".
I have renamed them Brown Sugar and Bacon Club CANDY!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS