Saturday, March 4, 2017

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies


I chose Bobby Flay's Throwdown Chocolate Chip Cookies to take for dessert to my Mixing Bowls Cookbook Club last week. I made a couple of small changes, but they were delicious! The recipe below reflects my changes. I am calling them double chocolate chip cookies. Give them a try and let me know what you think.

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
5 ounces semisweet mini chocolate chips
5 ounces dark chocolate chips



Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line three cookie sheets with silpat liner or parchment paper. Set aside.

Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl with a whisk. In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar for about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. With mixer on low, add half the flour mixture and then the other half, mixing just until incorporated. Remove from mixer, fold in chocolate chips.

Using a small cookie scoop, place 12 scoops per pan about two inches apart. Bake 11-13 minutes or until brown on edges and set in middle. Let sit two or three minutes in pan, then remove to a rack to cool. 


At first these were very crispy, which I'm not a fan of, but then I covered them in plastic wrap and took them to the dinner party. When I removed the wrap, they had softened some and were really delicious! You can taste the kosher salt, and it really sets them off. I also love that with the dark chocolate, they're not too sweet. Really a nice cookie!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS