Monday, July 17, 2017

Seafood Dinner for Two Tablescape


We recently found ourselves alone - without the kids - and decided to take advantage of it! Gerald asked where I wanted to go to dinner, and to be honest, I couldn't think of anything that sounded good...or worth the time and money! So I had him pick up some shrimp at the fish market on the way home, and we just ate in.


The rattan placemats are some of my favorites. I use them all the time. They add texture, plus they can easily be dressed up or down. The white plate on the bottom is "Heritage" by Pfaltzgraff and is one of my latest thrift store finds at .50 cents a plate! 

The bowl on top is "Mosaic Shells" by Oneida. You can see the coffee cup above. It (along with the plates) has a shell pattern. I bought these years ago at the outlet mall near the beach.

My everyday flatware is "Austen" by Yamazaki. I still love it's simplicity after nearly 18 years! 

The blue tea glasses came from Service Merchandise forever ago. I don't remember the name of the pattern.

I made the napkins a couple of years ago for Thanksgiving.


I have had this rope-accented jar forever. I think I bought it to go on my deck. I placed a short pillar candle inside. The net came from Hobby Lobby and cost next to nothing with my coupon. The shells all came from the Alabama Gulf Coast. We have been collecting them ever since we married. Some came from Gerald's collection even prior to that!


I used a lot of the same stuff a couple of years ago for Jewell's birthday dinner (above) when she asked for a shrimp boil (thus the newspaper on the table). You can read more about that night here


It literally took me less than ten minutes to set the table. In fact, I did it while I cooked! It's nothing expensive or extravagant, but it made our dinner a little more special! It worked nicely with our meal - shrimp and grits and crawfish cornbread. Recipes coming soon!

When's the last time you took a few minutes to set a special table for the one you love?

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS