Friday, December 24, 2021

Cranberry Bacon Crack


Just a quick Christmas Eve post to share a great new recipe Jewell and I made this morning! I am notorious for saving recipes to Pinterest or screenshotting them, only to have them lost to a random Pinterest board or waste space in my picture roll. (I currently have have 11,667 photos on my phone. No kidding. I'm trying to go through and delete a couple hundred a day!) Anyway, ones I really intend to make soon, I will send to myself in a text. It's easier to find them there. This one made the text list! This recipe came from The Southern Lady Cooks blog. I have made several of her recipes with great results. Here is a link to the original recipe.


I had everything on hand, and it's pretty easy to remember. We laid everything out before we got started.

Cranberry Bacon Crack

one tube Crescent rolls
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup Craisins
1/3 cup chopped cooked bacon (or 4 slices)
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with Pam. (I order my parchment already cut in pan-sized sheets. Best investment EVER! I used to get frustrated and waste paper trying to get it to fit. This is so simple.)


Begin by using a pastry brush to apply the maple syrup to the crescent dough. OK - it called for 1/3 a cup of maple syrup. Halfway into that, it was pooling and swimming and I told Jewell to hold up. I figured the whole 1/3 a cup would be too much. As we were eating, Jewell said she thought we should have used it all. I don't know where we would have put more, but we will try harder next time! 


Next, evenly sprinkle the brown sugar, bacon, pecans, and cranberries onto the dough. Next time we will be more diligent to purposely put more toppings closer to the edge. You want everything in every bite! I didn't actually measure the cinnamon. I just sprinkled it on top. Liberally. We like cinnamon! 


We baked it for 20 minutes on the second rack. We rotated it and baked for two more minutes. We let it cool about 15 minutes, then I used a pizza cutter to cut it along where the perforated lines were in the dough. After it was completely cool, I put the leftovers in a Tupperware container and left them on the counter for now. I'll stick them in the fridge a little later...if there's any left over. This stuff is good!

I hope you and your family are enjoying this Christmas Eve! We are so glad to have everyone home. We're baking, laughing, and getting ready for Christmas Eve at my parent's home later today. I hope you all have a great day and get to bed early so Santa can come! Merry Christmas!


I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up on my homepage to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...




No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS