Thursday, December 19, 2019

December 2019 China Cabinet


If you follow my blog, you know one of my favorite things to do is change out my china cabinet. I used to do this diligently each and every month, but lately, life has been too busy to keep up with it. I do try to do it seasonally. Here's the latest Christmas version.


One of my Christmas patterns in "Happy Holidays" by Nikko. It matches my everyday pattern ("White Satin" by Nikko) which is always on display in this cabinet. All I really had to do was stand up a few dinner plates and swap out the tea cups.


I collect Fitz and Floyd seasonal decorations from ornaments, to plates, to tumblers, like these cute Santas and snowmen. The cookie plate above is also F&F. The delicate bell on the right was a gift from one of my students the very first year I taught in Union Springs nearly 30 years ago. 


I tucked in some artificial greenery and holly berries for a cheery touch.


More Fitz and Floyd pieces on a bed of frosted mistletoe.


I pulled out my wood slabs to add to the wintery feel. I'll probably remove the Santas but let the snowmen stay until spring.


This up close pic shows my stack of dishes. I have about a dozen of the "Happy Holidays" pattern, and the ones that aren't standing up in the cabinet sit on top of my simple white pattern that matches. We can just grab them for easy access during December and not have to change out my cabinets.


My new chairs needed new stockings, so I picked up these burlap and sherpa ones at Hobby Lobby for half off. The bows say Christmas, don't you think?


Here's a wider view with my table when it was set for Thanksgiving. They worked well together, I think! I'll enjoy my Christmas-theme china cabinet until the first of the year. Wonder what I'll do next?

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS