Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Traditional Christmas Tablescape 2018


Today I'm featuring this traditional Christmas tablescape from our 2018 Cheer brunch. Yes, you read that right - 2018! I'm still trying to get caught up, so bear with me!


I chose a very traditional red and green palette and added fresh greens gathered from my yard (and Walmart's fresh floral section!). I put together two placemats for my table runner. They came from Dollar Tree that same year. I'll take a beautiful $2 table runner any day! How about you? The pine twigs came from my yard and the fir and rosemary came from Walmart. I think I bought two $4 bundles, which was more than enough for my two tables. Of course you see my pretty gold print votive holders (also from Dollar Tree) tucked in the greenery, along with some tiny gold pine cones Jewell picked up in the yard for me the month before for Thanksgiving. I spray painted them gold. The red berries are a floral pic from Hobby Lobby. They're .50 cents each.  


This is my formal Christmas china. It's called "Winter Holiday", and it's made by Fitz and Floyd. The dinner plates all feature this poinsettia garland and a double gold band. So elegant! I got the chargers at Dollar Tree. 


I didn't have enough matching glasses for two tables, so I alternated red and green. The red hobnail juice glasses are vintage; probably at least 75 years old. I got them off eBay a long time ago.


The gold-plated flatware is "American Chippendale" by FB Rogers. The napkins came from Walmart years ago when they were 75% off after Christmas.


The green mugs were a gift from a friend after her mother passed away. She knew I loved to entertain, and she felt like her mother would appreciate me using them. I was so flattered! She gave me lots of beautiful things. I treasure them all. These glasses are vintage, as well. The pattern is "Durand" and the maker is Cristal D'Arques.



You can see here where I used two placemats for a runner. I placed my antique wood barn boards on top and then laid out my centerpiece. (The wood boards came from a barn across the road from us.) All of this sits on top of a white Damask tablecloth.


I had the dining room table set as well. This room just had better light for photographing. 


This was the second cheer brunch I had hosted and was for mothers and daughters. We always have so much good food and even more fun!


The saran wrap ball game is always a hit! I usually try to put a new spin on my table decorations, but this year, I stuck with a timeless, traditional red and green. I hope you enjoyed it!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS