Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Spring Flowers Tablescape

 


Last year I started hosting birthday luncheons to honor Jewell's and my closest friends. Even though this particular party was in May, I'm calling it "Spring Flowers". It just fits, don't you think? One of our dear friends moved to Pennsylvania late last year, and she recently came back for a visit after five months! It was so wonderful to have these precious friends around my table again! I'll post that tablescape soon. For now, this tablescape has great Spring vibes, so enjoy!


I love a good table runner. I think I actually made pillows for my deck out of this fabric years ago. It's an indoor/outdoor material, so spills won't hurt it a bit! I ended up having some extra so I just ironed under the edges. I didn't even hem it. It was definitely the jumping off point for my tablescape. One thing I have decided about a runner is it looks best when it's long. I guess that's what technically makes it a runner. If it doesn't spill over the edges of the table, I guess that makes it a table scarf. I prefer a runner. It's just more generous and elegant, don't you think?


Yellow and green is always so happy and fresh! White just pops right off against the bright and cheerful print. I do wish I'd used a narrow burlap or some other natural textured runner here, just to add more depth. It's still so pretty, though!


As I've told you before, I try to work off the Rule of Threes as much as possible. I choose three colors to focus on and then try to use each color three times, if possible. For this tablescape, I obviously chose yellow, green, and coral. I didn't quite reach three uses with each color, but the principle is the same. Repeating an element is key. Each of the accent colors came from the table runner.


Cut flowers are a no-no at our house. Our cat, Possum Kitty, eats them. It's not just him. It's apparently a cat thing. In an attempt not to waste money (or make him sick), I'll use things from my yard, or I'll buy some annual or perennial that will add color, then find a place for it in my yard or in a pot on my porch or deck. I purchased a six-pack of these beautiful Dragon Wing begonias and used three in each centerpiece. I potted them later that day and enjoyed them the rest of the summer! 


I've told you about the cute little birthday glasses I found at Dollar Tree. Each birthday girl got one during the year. It was filled with strawberry candy.


This cute little metal tub came from Dollar Tree. I purchased them several years ago, but I saw something almost exactly like it yesterday while I was shopping there. The little green, furry balls came from "Bless Your Heart" in Eclectic. I use them often during the spring in tablescapes or bowl arrangements.


Here's a rundown of everything I used.
Silver charger - I got these online from Dollar Tree.
Yellow dinner plate - Better Homes and Gardens - I got them for $1 each at the thrift store.
White salad plate - "White Satin" by Nikko - my wedding everyday pattern.
Flatware - "Abigail" by Hampton Silversmiths - Target 20 years ago.
Cup and saucer - "White Satin" by Nikko.
Stemware - "Sweet Swirl" in dark green by Noritake - wedding gifts.
I made the green napkins years ago.
Gold tealights came from Walmart 20 years ago. 


Doesn't this tablescape make you ready for Spring? We had rain all last night. Hopefully it washed away a lot of the pollen that has my allergies in a tizzy! But I know that pollen is needed to help bring about all the beautiful blooms of Spring. I've been listening to the birds chirping outside. Such a welcome sound! Spring is officially here, and I'm ready to enjoy it to the fullest!

 I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up on my homepage to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

***All pictures are original and are the property of Missy Hilyer Jones. Please do not use without giving proper credit to me and the blog post they were originally used in. Thanks!








No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS