Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Chocolate Raspberry Scones with Chocolate Clotted Cream


Nothing says "Valentine's Day" more than chocolate! Jewell was home for the weekend the Saturday before Valentine's Day. My Bestie was also free, so she came over and joined us for a very delicious (and beautiful) cream tea service. I took a recipe from Tea Time magazine for chocolate scones and adapted it a little. The result was absolutely divine!


I added fresh raspberries to the scone dough. It added a little bit of moisture, so I backed off just a little on the cream the recipe called for. In the end, it was about the same, but I was careful in adding it slowly so I didn't get soggy scones.


I mixed two of my red transferware patterns for a sweet and feminine setting. The dinner plate served as somewhat of a charger. The pattern is called "Vineyard Pink" by Clayton. The salad plate I used for the scones is "Double Phoenix" in red by Nikko. The water glasses are by The Pioneer Woman. They were a birthday gift to myself! They work beautifully with all my vintage china patterns.


A spring of mint from my herb garden adds a pop of color!


Chocolate and raspberries. What could be more perfect for Valentine's Day?


***All pictures are original and are the property of Missy Hilyer Jones. Please do not use without giving proper credit to me and the blog post they were originally used in. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS