Monday, September 18, 2023

Don't Worry...Bee Happy! Miss Manners Spring 2023


Between Covid and the surgery I had last year, Miss Manners parties have been few and far between over the last few years! But I hope to ease back into a more regular schedule now. I hosted a rather large group back in the Spring. Very large in fact. I'll show you how I handled so many girls. But first...the table!


I happened to see this bee-covered burlap in Dollar Tree early last Spring, so I snagged a few. It was the jumping off point for my tablescape. I think they were about 18x21 inches. I thought about sewing them together in a runner, but decided not to. Instead, I evenly spaced them down the middle of my table on top of a black tablecloth. It really made them pop! I pulled several items from around my home to complement the bee theme. I have several pieces of the Round Top Collection that I purchased locally at Bless your Heart in Eclectic. This little bee was just perfect! I added a honey pot that I was gifted a couple of years ago.


I had another jar of honey that was given to me as a hostess gift. It looked lovely on the table, and the yellow fabric gave a pop of color to lighten the scene. I found the bright yellow flower pot holders at a thrift store a year of so ago. At the time, I had no idea what I would use them for, but they were so cheerful in color, I knew they needed to come home with me. There were two of them and they were $2 each. I found some yellow pansies at Lowe's to use in small mason jars. I put them on my deck table afterward to enjoy for a month or so.


The cute little "Bee Happy" sign came from Hobby Lobby years ago. I had the black and white straws in my stash. I think I got them 90% off at Walmart after Halloween one year. The "glasses" are small Starbuck's bottles I kept after Brack drank them. They're fun, and a great recycle project. The size is also perfect for small hands.


Here's a view of the center of the table. I wish they showed up a little better, but those are three wire bee skeps down the middle of the table. We found them at a thrift store last year. I took two and my BFF took the other. She loaned hers to me to use for the party. They added great height, but they could also be seen through which was great since the girls were smaller. It made it easy for them to talk across the table.


I used white chargers that have a touch of gold on the edges. They came from Dollar Tree. I think the only thing I had to buy for the table was these cute paper plates from Hobby Lobby. I got them the week they were half off. I placed them directly on the charger, then placed a clear glass plate on top. My flateware is "Abigail" by Hampton Silversmiths. It came from Target over twenty years ago. I hand wash them to protect the gold plating.


I draped a cute strand of bee-themed wooden beads over one of the skeps. I think they came from Hobby lobby. Jewell also wrapped the skeps in tiny fairy lights.  


Here's a better picture of the bee skeps. They're so cute!


They're very hard to see, but I found some little bee wire picks at Hobby Lobby when I got the plates. I stuck them in the pansies, so it looks like they're flying!


The cupcake stands have been in my collection for years. I think these black and white cupcake papers were from my Walmart Halloween clearance haul. By the way - I always place my cupcakes in another cupcake liner after I ice them. The wrapper isn't always pretty after being baked. Plus, it adds a frilly layer. The little plastic bee picks in the cupcakes came from Hobby Lobby, as well. They have a whole line of bee party supplies. I didn't want to use it all. I just found a couple of inexpensive items I could add to what I had.


Jewell cut the placecards out of black cardstock and hand lettered them for me. It was fun for the girls to walk around and find their name. They got to take them home afterwards. As for the black and white napkins, you guessed it! Halloween leftovers.


I served fruit kabobs, pita chips, ham and cheese roll ups, a few veggies with Ranch, baby dills, and a string cheese! I tried to have kid-friendly food and something for everyone. 


Jewell was a big help preparing for the party. She also helped me host. The girls loved spending time with their "big girl" friend!


Ashlyn was also a tremendous help and served as a hostess, as well. She graduated from high school in May and began college last month. She grew up in Miss Manners! 

In my next post, I'll show you our craft, and I'll let you in on how I easily hosted two parties that day! See you soon!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS