Monday, September 25, 2023

Blue and Yellow May Birthdays 2023


I hosted my group of close friends back during the summer for a May birthday luncheon. Two of the ladies had May birthdays. I decided that yellow and blue was just perfect for channeling happy, Summer vibes! Add a blueberry theme for my meal, and Voila! The perfect summer table.


How to set an interesting table? Layers, layers, layers! 


Gold reads yellow, so it I pulled several gold pieces to add warmth and sparkle. The flatware is "Abigail" by Hampston Silversmiths. 


The vintage blue and white transfer is actually more off-white, but I still mixed it with my white everyday pattern. I think it adds to the aged eclectic look of the tablescape. My everyday white pattern is "White Satin" by Nikko. It's 24 years old, but I still love it! So classic and versatile.


I staarted with a white tablecloth, then added the yellow and white runner I made years ago for my Mount Vernon Love Story book club. The blue and white Jacobian floral pattern runner came from the same party. I've used them both many other times, including an Orient-Express themed birthday dinner for my mother. (What a flash back! My dining room was red and my photograhy was lacking, but it was still a pretty table!)


You know I love to use flowers that I can then add to my planters outside. Possum Kitty (ruling cat in our home) will chew on fresh flowers and many are dangerous for him. I don't like to spend a lot on an arrangement I can't keep out to enjoy. So often, I will buy annuals that I can use for a pop of color and then put in a planter outside where they can be safe (and he can be safe from them!). Marigolds are a summer staple in pots on my deck and front porch. I simply pulled them out of the black plastic six pack, dropped them in a small Mason jar, and then potted them later that day. The daisy gardenias smelled amazing. I just snipped a few blooms and dropped them in small vases which I scattered down the table.


I collected a dozen or so small vases to use for Jewell's senior tea. You can see the details of that Hobbit-themed party that was by far, the most involved party I've ever thrown! It was wonderful, though!


I have a couple of these woven runners that I regularly use on a coffee table and a small chest of drawers. I just grabbed one and threw it on the table to add another layer and to add some warmth to the color scheme.


The blue and white transferware pattern is by Nikko. It doesn't list the pattern on the dishes, but I believe it is probably part of the Double Phoenix line. The clear beaded glasses are by Pioneer Woman. 


I was afraid white napkins would be a little stark (and perhaps boring) against the different yellow and blue patterns, so I took a chance and used these blue plaid napkins. I found them on Amazon several years ago and used them for my Blue Christmas tablescape I created for a cheer squad Christmas party one year.


Of course I scattered tea light down the table. I love candlelight...even during the day. It adds such warmth and is so welcoming!


I use this Mason jar holder a lot. It covers a good bit of real estate on my table and is really flexible about what jars I can use inside.


Of course I forgot to take a picture of our meal, but here is dessert. An old-fashioned lemon buttermilk pie with fresh blueberries. It was a delicious end to a worderful meal! Happy birthday ladies! We sure enjoyed celebrating you!

 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Missy! Kinda makes me miss summer. ☀️ Lemon buttermilk pie with blueberries sounds wonderful! 🍋 🫐

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS