Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I HEART...Bible Study on the Big Grass

 
Everybody loves Wednesday, right?
The week's half over.  The weekend is on the way.
What's not to love?
Each Wednesday, I want to share something with you
that I absolutely love and can't live without! 
 
Good morning y'all!  It's me, your favorite new homeschool blogger!  (I thought I should introduce myself again, since it has been two and a half weeks since I last posted!)  We recently spent a week in DC and a weekend at the beach, so I am a little behind.  More about our trips later.  Just wanted to pop in this morning and say "hey" and share with you one of the things I love.  After all, it's "I HEART...Wednesday" in Our Neck of the Woods!
 
I HEART...Bible Study on the Big Grass!
 
I absolutely love our church!  We attend University church of Christ adjacent to the campus of Faulkner University in Montgomery, Alabama.  My family started worshipping there in 1974 when I was 5 years old!  We had moved to Montgomery for my daddy to become the first full-time minister at what was then called College church of Christ.  Nearly 40 years later, I still think it is a wonderful congregation and very much "home".  I am so blessed to be able to still worship with my parents and both my brothers and their families.
 
When fall is near and cooler weather begins to move in (We are in Alabama, remember?), we often have Wednesday Night Bible Study on the Big Grass.  This is designed for the youth and college groups but a lot of us adults pull chairs out of the trunk and head that way ourselves!
 
Last Wednesday was the first one of the season.  We had three speakers and lots of beautiful singing.  The weather was not cool, but it was bearable.  There was a pleasant breeze and the most beautiful full moon rising over the Bible building.  (Wish I had taken a picture of that, too.  I discreetly took a picture of what was in front of me, but decided it wouldn't be cool to stand up and turn around for a pic of the moon!)
 
It was a wonderful night of praise and study and the speakers (our youth and college ministry interns and our regular pulpit preacher) had wonderful spiritual messages with a football theme.  (War Eagle!  Yea, I said it!)  There's something special about having a devo outside.  Reminds me of my college days and Saturday night devos on the steps of the Alabama State Capital.  Can I get an "Amen"?
 
I look forward to the next Big Grass devo, but in the meantime, I'm loving Dr. Randall Bailey's class on "How We Got Our Bible".  Looking forward to that tonight.  If you're ever in the area, I invite you to drop in and worship with the wonderful folks at UCC!
 
Have a great Hump Day, ya'll! 
 

2 comments:

  1. I was so sad to miss Bible Study on Big Grass. We are so homesick for University! It is such a special place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you, too! You will always be UCC family!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS