Thursday, February 1, 2018

"Be My Valentine" February 2018...Seasonal Hutch Decor


Yesterday I shared my Let It Snow January hutch decor. I was in the process of pulling out my Valentine's Day decorations and setting up for a Valentine-themed Miss Manners party this weekend, and I wanted to capture the cool blue-and-white before I took it down.

Today my hutch is decked in red!


I found this sweet little sign at Hobby Lobby earlier this week. I love the vintage look of it.


These red plates came from  - where else? - Dollar Tree! They're so versatile. I used them last month for the Redbird tablescape for my birthday dinner.


This pretty teapot was actually a door prize I won years ago at a Bunco party at Melissa Lester's home. I think of her whenever I look at it!


Doesn't this look like an old valentine card? I hope to add more to this collection over time.


Speaking of old, I love my ruby red Fenton hobnail juice glasses. I bought them several years ago on eBay. The beautiful red glass pitcher is new to me. It was a gift from Karla Boling. When she was going through her parents' home after her mother passed away, she called me to come over. There were a number of things she thought I would enjoy using, and she knew her parents would want me to have them. Her parents, Chuck and Corrine Schaeffer were such wonderful people. They loved to entertain, and they opened up their home to people all the time. I remember spending many evenings there after our high school choral performances. I feel so blessed to have this pitcher. I'll show you more of what I got as I use it. 


These painted wooden stacking bowls came from Hobby Lobby years ago.


Before placing the red accents, I moved the white pieces around in the hutch. Most of the white - at least the dinnerwear - is "White Satin" by Nikko. I collect creamers, sugar bowls, and gravy boats, in pretty shades of white.


This heart pocket was a gift from a student my first year of teaching (1992). It was actually a Christmas gift, hence the trumpet angel, but I use it at Valentine's Day. I wish I could remember who gave it to me!


I added a couple of the dinner plates on top for a pop of color.


Stacking allows me to get more in the hutch, plus I love the layers!


I love my white dishes. They began as wedding gifts, although I've added to them over the years. I have a few chipped plates, and it's getting harder to find replacements, so I have set them aside and use white dishes I have found at flea markets and thrift stores for everyday. I love displaying them. They have to be stored somewhere...I'm so glad they're the perfect backdrop for pretty monthly displays!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, ma'am! It's such a blank canvas. I have fun styling it each month.

      Delete
  2. I love your hutch! And you've valentines decor is so pretty. Going to take a look around the rest of your blog! : )

    I'm visiting from the 'Wise Woman' link-up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cathy! Hope you enjoyed your time in my neck of the woods! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I love the reds and whites! I don't usually do too much decorating for Valentine's Day, but your's is really tasteful, and not too Valentiney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherryl! My daughter loves each and every holiday, so we try to add a little something to my china hutch. It's simple and contained. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Everything looks beautiful. Just my style too :)Thanks for sharing at Welcome To The #Weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! You obviously have good taste! ;)
      Thanks for hosting the bloghop. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  5. So pretty. The hutch looks fabulous! I am happy to feature your post on Sunday at Dishing It & Digging It.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pop of red with those plates that I can't believe you got at the dollar store. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hutch is beautiful, but the teapot is my favorite! Love the flowers all around it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too. I actually won it as a door prize at Bunco years ago! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. So pretty! I love your hutch and decorations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Fenton displayed. I have a Fenton Hobnail collection that I display every Valentine season. Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS