Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I HEART...Buckeye Brownies

  
Everybody loves Wednesday, right?
The week's half over.  The weekend is on the way.
What's not to love?
Each Wednesday, I want to share something with you
that I absolutely love and can't live without! 
 
 I have to be honest and say that sweets are not my weakness.  Thank goodness!  I would much rather eat a (whole) loaf of warm, fresh-baked bread with butter.  Or pasta.  Oh, pasta.  Wherefore art thou pasta?!  That being said, there are a couple of desserts that really ring my bell, and this is one of them!
 
 
Buckeye Brownies
 Makes one 13″ x 9″ pan, cut into 16 squares
 
Fudge brownie mix
 
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temp
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2½ cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp milk or heavy whipping cream
1 pinch of salt
 
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 tbsp butter
 
Make brownies according to package directions.  Do not overcook.  Let cool completely. 
 
Mix butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt in a mixer.  Add 1-2 tbsp milk or cream to desired consistency.  The peanut butter mixture should be creamy and smooth, able to be spread, but not wet.  If you add too much milk, add a little more powdered sugar.
 
When brownies are cool, spread peanut butter mixture on top and refrigerate for about an hour. 
 
Melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave or in a double-boiler, being sure not to burn it.  Pour over peanut butter mixture and refrigerate again until top layer has set.
 
These can be stored in the fridge for several days.  They will get gooey if left out, so keep cool until ready to serve.
 
This recipe has a few steps that take a little time, but it's not hard, and it is DEFINITELY worth it.  They make a mean breakfast!  Umm...  I mean - I'm sure they would be delightful in the morning with a nice steaming cup of coffee.  I guarantee these will rock your world!  Enjoy!
 
**********************************
 
I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS