Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I HEART...Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo


Everybody loves Wednesday, right?
The week's half over.  The weekend is on the way.
What's not to love?
Each Wednesday, I want to share something with you
that I absolutely love and can't live without!


I love pasta. I should have been Italian! When I was single (and had free time), I even made my own fresh pasta. Yum... I have a lot less time these days, and so dried pasta will do just fine, thank you. I'm a pasta lover. Not a pasta snob!

When you're busy most every night of the week, it's important to have a stash of quick, go-to recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes. Breakfast at night is one of my favorites and one I go to often, but here's another that is quick and so good...Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo!


Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo

1 lb fettuccine noodles
8 oz heavy cream
1 stick butter
1 c Kraft Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Allow butter, cream and Parmesan to come to room temperature while water comes to a boil and pasta cooks. Cook noodles according to package. Do not overcook. Drain pasta when done and add cream, butter and cheese. Stir to melt butter and combine well. Season to taste. Sprinkle extra Parmesan on top. Serve immediately.

In the picture above, I served it with grilled chicken tenders, roasted asparagus with tomatoes and garlic bread. I had a little extra time that night. But you could serve just a bowl of pasta and bread. Or I've thawed a pound of frozen shrimp, sauteed them in a little butter and tossed them in. I've also added in artificial crab meat. Leftover rotisserie chicken would be tasty, too.

My family loves this! It's easier than making a white sauce and it's better quality than jarred alfredo! It really is quick and easy. And insanely good!

PS - In the coming days, I'll be sharing how to make the roasted asparagus with tomatoes. I know you don't usually have asparagus just lying around your refrigerator, but it's a really fast dish, too. And great for right now, when asparagus is on sale!

**************************

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...






1 comment:

  1. HISTORY OF ALFREDO DI LELIO CREATOR IN 1908 OF “FETTUCCINE ALL’ALFREDO” (“FETTUCCINE ALFREDO”), NOW SERVED BY HIS NEPHEW INES DI LELIO, AT THE RESTAURANT “IL VERO ALFREDO” – “ALFREDO DI ROMA” IN ROME, PIAZZA AUGUSTO IMPERATORE 30

    With reference of your article, I have the pleasure to tell you the history of my grandfather Alfredo Di Lelio, who is the creator of “Fettuccine all’Alfredo” (“Fettuccine Alfredo”) in 1908 in the “trattoria” run by his mother Angelina in Rome, Piazza Rosa (Piazza disappeared in 1910 following the construction of the Galleria Colonna / Sordi). This “trattoria” of Piazza Rosa has become the “birthplace of fettuccine all’Alfredo”.
    More specifically, as is well known to many people who love the “fettuccine all’Alfredo", this famous dish in the world was invented by Alfredo Di Lelio concerned about the lack of appetite of his wife Ines, who was pregnant with my father Armando (born February 26, 1908).
    Alfredo di Lelio opened his restaurant “Alfredo” in 1914 in Rome and in 1943, during the war, he sold the restaurant to others outside his family.
    In 1950 Alfredo Di Lelio decided to reopen with his son Armando his restaurant in Piazza Augusto Imperatore n.30 "Il Vero Alfredo" (“Alfredo di Roma”), whose fame in the world has been strengthened by his nephew Alfredo and that now managed by me, with the famous “gold cutlery” (fork and spoon gold) donated in 1927 by two well-known American actors Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks (in gratitude for the hospitality).
    See also the website of “Il Vero Alfredo”.(with news also about franchising).

    I must clarify that other restaurants "Alfredo" in Rome do not belong to the family tradition of "Il Vero Alfredo – Alfredo di Roma".
    I inform you that the restaurant “Il Vero Alfredo –Alfredo di Roma” is in the registry of “Historic Shops of Excellence” of the City of Rome Capitale.
    Best regards Ines Di Lelio

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS