Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sweet Potato Casserole

Today wraps up my Thanksgiving coverage! I hope you've enjoyed taking a peek at our day.


You can find the details of my tablesetting above by clicking here.

We never have a shortage of food at Thanksgiving. Everyone brings their best dishes!


Ham and turkey! Dressing and giblet gravy, squash casserole, pineapple and cheese casserole, pink-eyed purple-hulls, and my squash casserole.

Green bean casserole, Brussels sprouts, potato salad and Asian slaw, along with rolls, deviled eggs, fresh cranberry relish, and Mama's best pickles.

Missy's Sweet Potato Casserole 

2 (40 oz) cans of Bruce's yams, drained
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 stick of butter, melted and cooled
1 small can evaporated milk
pinch of salt
1 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon

Mix all ingredients until smooth with an electirc mixer.

Spread into a greased casserole dish.


Topping
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 stick of butter, at room temp
1 c all purpose flour
1 c chopped pecans


Mix with hands until almost doughy.


Drop by small clumps on top of casserole.


Bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden.


Let me tell you something...this is better than pumpkin pie. And you get to eat it BEFORE dessert!

Here's some behind the scenes shots...


Now I know why the men want to eat in the living room...they just put their plate down and they're in position for a nap!


They deserved it though. After all, they drove the car and carried the food in, right?


Gerald showing my dad and brother the latest shots from one of the game cameras. (And yes, that is a deer skull on the wall above my daddy's head! I'm as surprised as you are.)


We did get a little exercise in. OK - the kids did!


My sister-in-law, Allison, is an amazing photographer. We all get family portraits done on Thanksgiving afternoon.


Waiting their turn. And pretty patiently, at that!


The scene when Aunt Al says, "All done!"


Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know we did.


I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS