Saturday, January 2, 2016

No-Fail Fluffy Pancakes...For Eight!

It's always nice when your children are friends with other siblings. We have several families like this. My kids have been wanting to have their friends - The Birds - over for a while for a sleep over. Of the six kids, only Abbey is homeschooled, and she and her mama come over every Monday. Sena teaches science to the girls, and Brack and I play with Norah, the baby. Nice trade, wouldn't you think? 

All these kids are in Taekwondo together, and they love to play together as well. They all get along great. BTW - there are THREE black belts sitting at that table. Can you guess which ones?


They had a late night playing last night so I let them sleep in a little. I made breakfast and rounded them all up about 9:30 am. Nothing difficult, but I needed to make a lot! I cooked two pounds of bacon and then made my "No-Fail" Fluffy Pancakes. These are light and delicious and come out perfect every time. I doubled the recipe, but I'm giving you the regular one below.

No Fail Fluffy Pancakes

3/4 cup of milk
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 egg
2 tbsp melted and cooled butter
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt


Add vinegar to milk and set aside for about 5 minutes. (This basically makes buttermilk.)


Melt butter. I just use a measuring cup and keep the handle off the heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool.


Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.


Use a whisk to combine ingredients.


Crack egg into wet mixture and add cooled butter. (Remember - I doubled the recipe - that's why I have two eggs.)


Whisk well.


Add wet to dry.


Whisk until their are no large lumps or pockets of flour. Do not over mix.


I love my big electric griddle. In fact, this is number two. I wore the other one out! Preheat griddle to about 325 degrees. Spray with Pam before dropping pancake batter. I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to drop pancake batter onto the hot griddle.


When you begin to see little bubbles, check the bottom. If it looks golden, flip them! They take about three minutes on the first side.


Once you flip them, they only take about one minute.


As soon as I added my cooled butter to the wet mixture, I started melting more. I use it to brush the pancakes after I flip them.

The best way to top these is with my homemade maple syrup. Serve it warm. Yum!


There were none left, so I'd call that a stamp of approval!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS