Tuesday, January 26, 2016

"Wooden Shoe" like to see what I found at the flea market?



I made a quick stop at the Adullum House Thrift Shop in Wetumpka the other day and came out with quite a haul! I thought I'd share with you what I found.

First of all - check out those wooden shoes. Love them! I paid $5 which is more than I would usually pay for anything, but they are so unusual. They have the word "Volendam" carved in them, which I googled and found out is a city in Holland. 

I'm currently working on redoing my home office. I hope to share it with you soon. It's going to have a very eclectic and travelled feel to it. The shoes will look great on my new bookshelf.


Next, I found this pretty working clock. $4! Even had good batteries in it! It's going to go in my home office, I think.


I don't know exactly what this is or what I'll do with it, but it's a "tray" of sorts and it was $1. I figure I could always line it with mason jars and fill them with something.


I'm amassing quite a collection of clear glass plates. My aunt started my collection when she gave me about twenty of them a few years ago. These are great for all my parties. They're not too big and they allow whatever I'm using for the tablescape to shine through. These were .25 cents each. There are eleven of them. Granted, I don't think they've been washed in several years, but they've cleaned up nicely. It did take more than a run through the dishwasher, but I'll show you what I did in a future post. BTW - that was $2.75 for eleven plates.


Each of these pretty vases/urns were $2 each. I was thinking mainly about using the red one for Valentine's Day and both at Christmas. They're both really nice pieces.


This thingy here hangs on the wall and has room to hold potted plants or something of the like. It was $1! The most exciting thing is that is was naturally aged and distressed. I usually have to put in a little elbow grease to make things look like this. This time, I actually had to work to clean it up a little!


This pretty candlestick was also $1. Even though it has a little repaired crack on the neck, the blue and green colors are very rich and go beautifully with other pieces in my living room. 


These two items I found at Goodwill. I have to be honest and say that I generally never find anything at our local Goodwill store. But it's right across the street from Faulkner, and Brack and I had a little time to kill the other night before meeting Gerald, so I ran in to see what they might have. 


The perfume bottle is vintage and was $1.99. It will go in my guest bedroom with all my "old" stuff.


The little plate has a mosaic motif and is made of brass. Very unusual and looks like something you'd see in the Middle East. It was .59 cents! It will look great in the office, too.

Well - I hope you enjoyed seeing what I picked up at the thrift store. I try to drop in when I can, as things come and go quickly. There's a lot to be found if you're willing to dig a little!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

2 comments:

  1. That was fun to see what you got at the thrift stores! I think your best find was the clear plates for 25 cents a piece! As much as you entertain, they will be a good addition to the collection your aunt started for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun to see what you got at the thrift stores! I think your best find was the clear plates for 25 cents a piece! As much as you entertain, they will be a good addition to the collection your aunt started for you.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS