Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Family Valentine's Day Dinner 2016


I've spent the last week sharing details from the Mother/Son Valentine's Day Party I hosted on February 13th. Today I'll show you what I did for my family on Valentine's Day.

First - you'll notice the red checked runner I told you about in my first post about the Mother/Son party. You can read more about that here. Long story short, I made two of them out of fabric I bought years ago for matching PJ's for the kids. It's been in my closet for a long time just waiting to be used! I plan to see how many different ways I can use it this year.

You can see it above, and now here's what it looked like the day before...


Close...but the different colored accents changes the look, don't you think?

Back to the family dinner...


I used my everyday dishes ("White Satin" by Nikko) and my everyday flatware ("Austen" by Yamazaki). Both were wedding gifts. I placed the dishes on top of some wicker chargers I've had for years. I can't remember where or when I got them, but I love the texture they give the table.


I used a set of blue stems that I have had for a long time ("Virginia" by Fostoria) and mixed it with a vintage set I found on ebay. I'm not sure of the pattern or maker, but they're a red hobnail pattern that I love! $20 for 4 included s/h. I hope I can add to these over time.


You know me and napkins. Since I used my white linen tablecloth and "recycled" the table runner from the party the day before, I allowed myself to splurge on the red tumblers and fabric for these napkins. I found this Waverly print at my local Walmart and bought 2 1/2 yards - enough for eight napkins. I love the vintage look of this print!


I also reused the flowers from the day before - where I had actually reused the white daisies from the WEEK before! I scattered some leftover candy conversation hearts along the table and finished it with white tealight candle holders.


Of course this blue and red tablescape matched the blue and red hearts I hung on the backs of my chairs. I thought it was just right for our family Valentine's Day Dinner.

Check back tomorrow for recipes!


I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...




No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS