Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Copycat Olive Garden Salad

Today I want to finish up my posts on our last Mixing Bowls Cookbook Club. If you haven't read yet about the prenuptial meat patties I made, you really must. These were so stinkin' good. I think about them...A LOT!

I'm not sure really how Italian this salad actually is, but I know you can't go to Olive Garden without eating it. It's yummy. I have been making the dressing for years, but the old knock-off recipe called for gelatin, and well, my loyal readers know I have this thing about remembering to buy it. Anyway, I found this newer version on Pinterest and it was easy, and I had everything on hand. Except a photographer. Apparently, I decided to only take pics of every other ingredient. Oh well. I tried.


Isn't that pretty? It looks just like the one at Olive Garden.


Begin with a large bag of classic salad mix (iceberg lettuce, shredded carrots and red cabbage).


Add THIN slivers of red onion.

OK - here's where you have to use your imagination a little.

Drain and rinse a large can of whole, black olives. Seriously, be sure to rinse them. If not, they'll add a slimy black color on your salad.

Add croutons (I actually found Olive Garden brand at Walmart) and pepperoncini peppers to the top. Add grated Parm, dressing and toss.


Missy's Olive Garden Italian Dressing
(I combined a couple and added a few things of my own)

1/2 cup EVOO
1/4 cup Hellman's mayo
zest and juice of one lemon
1 packet dried Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
pinch of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste

Add all ingredients to a large Mason jar. Screw on lid tightly and shake well. Refrigerate until ready to use. Pour over salad and toss well. Taste as you go, but I was pretty liberal with the salt.

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

1 comment:

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS