Monday, October 31, 2016

Easy Dollar Tree Halloween Tablescape

I'm still waiting for Dollar Tree to call and offer to be my official blog sponsor! You'd think word would have gotten back to them about how much I shop there! Well, there's always a chance, right? 

Today I'm sharing with you a simple and inexpensive tablesetting that mainly features items I've purchased over the years at Dollar Tree.


It's a very traditional Halloween black and orange theme with a few fun pops of color. Of course I began with my white linen tablecloth. It's the perfect base to make everything else stand out.


I placed a burlap runner edged in black down the middle of the table. I wanted my white tablecloth to serve as a base, but I didn't want it to be too stark.  Scattered baby pumpkins and votives anchor it.


I used my everyday white dinner plates ("White Satin" by Nikko) as a charger, then layered it with orange stoneware dinner plates from Dollar Tree. You don't need a whole set of these. Just the dinner or salad plates for a bright focal point. I think I got them last year, but I've seen them recently, too.

Spiders from Dollar Tree (they have these every year) are always welcome on my Halloween table!


The black and white accent plate is called "Garden Gateway" by Corelle. I found these on clearance at my local Walmart last year for $6 a place setting. Yes, please!


I added a coffee cup to the stem glass for a little added interest. The black mugs and bowls are also from Dollar Tree several years back.


I love these little white daisies. I buy them from a local flower market in Montgomery whenever I'm having a party. I can get two huge bunches (maybe 50 stems?) for about $8, and they last FOREVER! At least two weeks if you change the water and snip the stems a couple of times. 

TIP - Leave the stems on cut flowers as long as you can so you can trim them as needed to keep them fresh. If you start too short, they won't be long enough to stand upright. I strip all the leaves off before putting them in cool water. Leaves in the water rot quickly and cause the water to become yucky and stink, not to mention that it makes the flowers die sooner. Keep the water clean by changing every few days and they'll last a lot longer, really giving you your money's worth.


The black metal votive holders are also from Dollar Tree. I got these earlier this year to use for something else, but I have still seen some there lately. They also have them in white.


These cute stems came from Dollar Tree this year. They have these for just about every season. Just a little fun extra, and the kids, especially, love to drink from a "fancy" glass!


I made these napkins several years ago. The novelty cotton print came from Hobby Lobby.


The flatware pattern is "Margate" by Pfaltzgraff. This is the flatware my parents bought me when I moved into my first apartment 26 years ago! I still love it and try to pick up more pieces on eBay when I can.

I love these placemats. The natural materials go with everything, and the black trim just kicks it up a notch. Can't remember where I got them, but I'm glad I did. I use them all the time. And so far, they've not been stained to where I couldn't clean them off with a damp cloth.


There you have it! My easy and inexpensive Dollar Tree Halloween tablescape. It just took a little "shopping" my own stuff to find the perfect items for this fun table. Many of them will show up again throughout the year (and even next Halloween!) but in very different settings. That's what's so fun about decorating tables...you're only limited by your own imagination!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS