Thursday, January 26, 2017

Fall Buffet Tablesetting for November Book Club Meeting


Our book club generally meets on a weekday evening. But since we live a good ways out, and since my family generally spends their fall and winter weekends in the woods hunting, I decided to host it at my home on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Several were out of town for the holidays, but we still had a good group of ladies to attend.

We met in November, so I chose "Fall" for my theme. Pumpkins, nuts, and shades of gold, bronze, and brown were perfect for this buffet tablesetting.


We usually have a potluck menu, but since it was a small group, I did all the food this time. I set up a buffet on my dining room table.


I went around my home and gathered several items I already had on display for fall. This tablescape came together very quickly, and at no expense at all!


The "Friendly Village" water pitcher you see above contains the eucalyptus branches year round. I stuck in a few stems of tiny artificial orange berries to add a little color. I have a box of seasonal silk and dried flowers that I keep to freshen up arrangements from time to time. If I see something I like on clearance, I'll pick it up and add it to the box.

The white ceramic pumpkin was a hostess gift from a young lady at the last Miss Manners party I hosted. It has a beautiful gold stem. The brass colored ceramic pumpkin salt and pepper shaker set was about $2 on clearance at Michael's after Halloween last year.


I pulled out my "Friendly Village" dinner plates, along with the muslin napkins I made for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. Forks were corralled in a little galvanized bucket. I had picked up the large wooden carved acorns as well as the tiny brown ones at Hobby Lobby a while back at 50% off. The whole pecans were a gift from my uncle off his own trees. I hadn't had time to shell them yet, so I scattered them around the table.


A beverage station anchored the other end of the table. I made a cranberry punch and also had iced water and coffee. The one gallon beverage jars fit perfectly on the upturned galvanized tub. I also like that it offered a variation in height to my table.


I adore how Johnson Brothers always puts a little design on the inside of their teacups! It's such a pretty little surprise! The glasses are "Sweet Swirl" in dark green by Noritake.


Stacking the tea cups makes the tablesetting more casual and interesting.


Now to the food! I used little mini chalkboards to identify the food on the buffet. I like the way the black breaks up the lighter colors. Baked ham and cheese puff pastries were the perfect starter.



I think of Brussels sprouts as a fall veggie. This slaw was crunchy and sweet, and even won over a Brussels sprouts hater!


This pineapple-pecan cheeseball was a nice twist. A little sweet, it balanced great with the other savory items. I served it with whole wheat Ritz crackers. My kids actually like them better than the original, and they're much healthier! 


Rosemary cashews were the perfect snack served in this pretty red leaf bowl that was a wedding gift.


For "dessert" we had pumpkin pie dip with apples and graham crackers.


This is SO good. I have also made a gingerbread variation, but this is my favorite!


I draped a fall napkin under the drinks to add another layer of texture.


I love our book club! We have such an interesting mix of ladies! Over the next few days, I'll share the recipes for the yummies you see above.

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...










2 comments:

  1. This makes me wish for fall again! can't wait for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS