Monday, February 27, 2017

Country Crudite Tray


A while back, Gerald and I attended a barbecue, and I was asked to bring a crudite tray. Sounded simple enough! 


I looked for a variety of colors to add to my tray. I had eight different vegetables in all: Green onions, carrots, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, summer squash, cucumbers and celery.


I washed, dried, and cut up all my veggies, then set them aside. I pulled out a galvanized metal tray and began to arrange everything. I tried to mix up the colors. I left the celery leaves on the tops of a few stalks. I love the texture it added, and they're full of flavor!


I scored my cucumbers with a fork before cutting them into thin slices. I kept the bottom of my bunch of celery...I thought it was so pretty and looked like a flower! I just rinsed it well to get rid of any sand and grit.


I made a double recipe of ranch dressing using the packet seasonings and served it in a mason jar. A veggie tray doesn't have to be boring. I thought it looked pretty enough to eat!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...




No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS