Tuesday, March 7, 2017

DIY Ribbon Garland


Yesterday I showed you how I went "green" decorating for Spring and St. Patrick's Day. Today I'll show you how I made the green, white, and gold ribbon garland.


I have a rather large stash of ribbon. Usually I only buy something when I specifically need it, but sometimes I'll buy it when it's half off or on clearance. And obviously, I keep all my remnants, no matter how small. I bought the two apple green grosgrain's at Hobby Lobby when they were half off in February. They were $1.50 each. I knew I'd use them somehow for St. Patrick's Day. The rest I had leftover from other projects.


I purposely mixed the colors, prints, and shapes to add interest. Then I cut them into 12" lengths. 


I stacked them, one at a time, adding a tiny drop of glue between each layer.


Cross them as you go.


I mixed the order for each one so they would appear a little different.


The dark green adds an added pop of color and sets the others apart.


Once dry, I flipped over the stack and glued a gold cord to the bottom. I had premeasured and cut my cord, allowing a little extra for "drape". Once this glue was cool, I flipped it back over and used a thin strip of gold ribbon to tie it off. I spaced these about 7 inches apart.


I tied the end of the cord in a knot to keep it from fraying, then used a tiny nail to secure it to the top of my hutch.


I love the mix of colors and textures. This is such a cheery garland! I'm sure I'll use it again somewhere soon.

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS