Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Mexican Street Corn Salad


Sorry I'm using the same pic as yesterday, but I want to tell you how I made the Mexican Street Corn Salad, and this is the only picture I have!


I began with the dressing. I mixed 1/4 cup of mayo with the zest and juice of a lime. I also added salt and pepper to taste.


To a large bag of thawed frozen corn, I added a couple of finely minced cloves of garlic, half a jalapeno, seeded and finely minced, a couple of tablespoons of cilantro, a teaspoon of chili powder, and a little more salt.


I added about half of the dressing to the corn and mixed well. I saved the rest to add right before serving. Dressing is often absorbed when it sits. I put both the salad and the dressing in the fridge to allow it to chill.


Right before dinner, I opened my cheese. This cheese is kind of like a soft goat cheese in texture. It crumbles well, but is not as wet and sticky as goat cheese.


I broke up the entire package. About 1/2 a cup went into the salad with a little more of the dressing. The rest of the cheese was for the mole. (More about that tomorrow.)


This salad was fresh and creamy. It has a subtle kick, but you can make it as hot - or not - as you want by adding more or less jalapeno.

Tomorrow I'll tell you about the rest of the meal and share what we had for dessert!

  I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS