Monday, May 1, 2017

Strawberries and Cream...Seasonal Hutch Decor


I've challenged myself to change up my whitewear display from month to month, and it's been a lot of fun already! You can see how it began by checking out my February design for St. Patrick's Day and also see where the bunnies took over in April.

My whitewear pattern is "White Satin" by Nikko, although there are several miscellaneous teapots, creamers and platters mixed in that I pick up at thrift stores and yard sales.

My inspiration for this month was these sweet strawberry canape plates I found at Goodwill a couple of months ago. They are handmade (name and year are on the back) and were $5 for four. They are so sweet! I just love that some lady lovingly made these (back in 1977, if I remember correctly). Even though she let them go, they've found a wonderful home with me!


I know it looks a little "Christmas-y", especially with the red wall. I know...it's on my "To Do" list!


I love my sweet little vintage hobnail juice glasses. I got these off ebay several years ago.


The strawberry plates are tucked carefully among my creamy white dishes.


I've yet to plant my begonias that I used as my Easter centerpiece, so I tucked them under the hutch. 


My apple green plates ("Rise" by Rachel Ray) add a little more Spring color.


My green birds votive candle holder stayed where it was from last time, and I added a red glass bottle that's usually on top of my kitchen cabinets. Just trying to bring the red and green up to the top.


I also left my preserved boxwood wreaths in place from last month. I did spray them with water as I moved them to freshen them. They're going on two years old! I try to keep them moistened about once a month and keep them out of the direct light.


Green ribbons are still in my "Dress Me Up" platters by Southern Living at Home. I thought Red might be too Christmas like. 


I know this pic is a little over-exposed, but I was in a hurry to get this posted today. Lots going on this week! Hope you have a wonderful May Day!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS