Wednesday, January 31, 2018

"Let It Snow!" January 2018...Seasonal Hutch Decor


I scored an amazing deal last January when I was able to use my Christmas money to buy this china cabinet and hutch along with another (that I'll show you soon) from a lady whose antique store was going out of business. This one was larger, so I moved the one that used to be there to my laundry room, took the door off of it, and turned that room into a laundry room/butler's pantry. I'll show you that soon, too.

Since then, I've moved my Friendly Village by Johnson Brothers to the butler's pantry, and moved my everyday white ("White Satin" by Nikko) into this cabinet. (Click the link above to see how my Friendly Village collection came to be.) The white is such a blank slate. Each month last year (or at least most of them), I swapped out a few accent pieces and moved things around to keep it fresh. I blogged about it a few times. You can see them here: Strawberries and Cream for May, Spring Bunnies for April, and Going Green for March. I changed it out a lot more, but just forgot to photograph it and blog it. I'll try to be more consistent this year!


When January rolls around, I put away my Christmas dishes and pull out this snowflake pattern. It's "Winter Frost" by Sakura. I got the first set of eight placesettings at the Oneida outlet mall when we first married. Over the years, I've added to it by buying off eBay. I added some navy salad plates from IKEA that I found at the flea market for .50 cents each.


I found these navy stems and tumblers at the thrift store as well. They are called "Gibraltar" by Libbey. I think I paid $15 for the set of eight glasses.


Various odd pieces of blue were added for pops of color. I love my collection of dinnerwear and stemware and this just gives me a way to enjoy it instead of just having it in cabinets...and closets...and under the bed...

This set of snowflakes was perfect this season as we got TWO snows this year! Today is January 31, and I'm in the process of decorating for Valentine's Day, so I wanted to show you this display before it's changed for February. You know there's going to be some red involved! Check back tomorrow to see what I've done.

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


3 comments:

  1. Hutch love!!
    I love decorating hutches seasonally as well.
    check it out here. http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2018/02/valentines-hutch-version-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jeanne! That's great. You're hutch is so much larger than mine. That's a lot of real estate to cover. Can't wait to follow along and see what else you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Looks like you got some pretty good deals! Thanks for sharing with us at The Blogger's Pit Stop! Roseann from www.thisautoimmunelife.com

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS