Thursday, January 18, 2018

Monkey Bread...Cooking with Brack


We got snow yesterday. I mean REAL snow! That stuck. And accumulated! It was beautiful, but mostly, it was cold! Gerald and the kids went out for a while to explore and take some pictures. They came back in cold and hungry. Brack has been anxious to cook with me lately, so he helped me make breakfast.


I hadn't made a mad dash to the grocery store for bread and milk...so we had to make do. What did we have on hand? A can of refrigerated biscuits. So I decided it was time to teach Brack to make a favorite from my childhood...monkey bread!


Monkey Bread

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a pie plate with Pam. Open a can of flaky-style biscuits (we had Grands on hand) and cut each individual biscuit in quarters. Melt one stick of butter. Mix one cup granulated sugar with two tablespoons of cinnamon. Use a fork or small whisk to mix it well. Dip each biscuit section in butter, then roll in the sugar mixture. Drop in the pie plate. Bake for about 20 minutes or until brown on top and done through. Right before they come out of the oven, mix two cups powdered sugar with a quarter teaspoon vanilla and enough milk to make a thick glaze. I poured the glaze over the top, then drizzled extra according to individual taste. Serve warm.


We had ours with hot cranberry tea. I'll share the recipe for that tomorrow. Can biscuits are good to have on hand. There's a lot you can do with them!

This was such a simple recipe, that Brack basically did it himself. This is one he can make one day with his kids!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS