Friday, January 5, 2018

Christmas "Cheer" Luncheon 2017


Jewell is a varsity cheerleader this year. She cheers for the Ezekiel Academy Knights. To say it has been a blessing to her would be an understatement. She has made friends with a wonderful group of young ladies. It was my honor to host the cheerleaders' Christmas party this year. I decided to make it an affair for the girls and their mamas, too! 


I wanted to do something besides traditional Santas and Christmas trees, and as you know, this red and black buffalo check print is EVERYWHERE this year. It was perfect for this party in particular, because Ezekiel's colors are red and black.

The moms sat in the kitchen, and the girls were in the dining room. I started both tables with my white linen tablecloths, then added a runner made of buffalo check with matching napkins. (I bought one VERY long piece of fabric and then cut my runners and napkins. That way, I got to use my 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby.)


I used my dark green Noritake "Sweet Swirl" iced tea stems in the kitchen, along with my wood-look chargers with pinecones embossed along the edges.


A birchbark-covered tri-sectioned box holds mason jars and tealights. Jewell gathered the pinecones for me early in the season, and I baked them at 250 degrees for about an hour to make sure they were critter-free!


The white dinner plates are "White Satin" by Nikko (my everyday pattern). The flatware is "Austen" by Yamazaki.


The dining room was set for seven (one young lady was out of town) and featured a few different components.


The red lanterns were last seen as part of Brack's 12th Birthday tablescape. The big bell jar has been used a couple of times, most recently in a cozy little seafood dinner for two Gerald and I had last summer.  


The dinner plates are the same as I used at the kitchen table, but the chargers were borrowed from my mother. They look like a woven leather.


The glasses are called "Stax" and are a vintage pattern by Libbey. The color is called smoke.


The flatware came from Target fifteen years ago. The pattern is "Abigail" by Hampton Silversmiths.


Everything is sitting on a piece of old barn wood. It came from my neighbor across the street. They are tearing down the old barn (only because it is unsafe!), and they are using a lot of it in their home as trim and even parts of the ceiling! Chuck cut me several pieces to use as runners. No distressing needed!


I placed some black river rocks in the bottom of the jar to hold the candle in place.


Tealights were scattered the length of the barn wood slab.


This picture shows a little of my "new" dining room! More on this in the coming days.


The girls were playing the "saran wrapped gift" game.


The end came down to Jewell and Emily Ann and let's just say, it got exciting!


We mamas exchanged gifts, too. Who doesn't love a little dirty Santa?


These are some sweet ladies!


I have grown to love them as much as their girls!


It's such a blessing to have good friends! This holiday season may have already drawn to a close, but you know me...I'm already thinking about next year!


I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...



2 comments:

  1. Love the use of the buffalo check! Perfect for teen girls! I’m so glad you included the tip on putting the pine cones in the oven; lm going to try that. I also like your new paint color and can’t wait to hear about your redo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I found myself "toasting" more pinecones today for my birthday dinner. I had a ton to use all season then threw them out because I thought I was done. Oh well, at least I have plenty!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS