Saturday, February 10, 2018

Creamy Cajun Shrimp Alfredo


We love pasta Alfredo. A lot. I wish I could say we loved something really healthy like tofu stir-fry. OK - not really. We do love pasta though, and I make Alfredo sauce lots of different ways. This was an easy dish that followed my New Orleans theme. It got rave reviews!


Here's a look at the Mardi Gras-themed tablesetting. You can see it all here.


You probably have everything you need for this recipe in your cabinets. Frozen shrimp would be fine, but I did have Gerald stop at the fish market on the way home for shrimp. It was a special occasion!

Creamy Cajun Shrimp Alfredo

1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (peeled and tails removed)
1 pound box of fettuccine
2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp EVOO
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
fresh parsley to garnish

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add your fettuccine. Cook to al dente. Toss shrimp in Cajun seasonings. Coat well. In a large saute pan, melt butter along with EVOO. When hot, add shrimp and saute until just done. Remove to a plate. Add chicken broth and cream. Add another teaspoon of the Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for five minutes or until thickened. Add pasta, Parmesan, and shrimp. Heat through. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve warm.


I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

1 comment:

  1. This looks over-the-top delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe. YUMMM!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS