Friday, February 9, 2018

Commander's Palace Signature Salad...Copycat Recipe


I choose a Mardi Gras theme for my father's birthday dinner last week. Although I understand Mardi Gras got it's start in Mobile (where I happened to have been born), I automatically connect it with New Orleans. So, I chose a menu that represents The Big Easy. And really, all these recipes were...easy!


Here's a quick peek back at the tablescape. For a more detailed look, click here.

Commander's Palace Signature Salad and Dressing

Romaine lettuce
eight slices cooked and chopped bacon
grated Parmesan cheese
croutons

Dressing:
1 1/2 cups canola oil, divided
1 egg at room temperature
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup white vinegar
3 tablespoons minced onion
four hard boiled eggs


Begin by adding 1/2 cup of canola oil to a food processor. (I have this mini four cup by Cuisinart that I love for small recipes. It only has a pulse setting, but that's all I usually need.) Add onion, salt, pepper, vinegar, and raw egg, and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Drizzle the remaining cup of oil into the top a little at a time. Mix until thickened.


This is what it looks like after it has blended...thick and creamy!


It makes two cups. I made it a couple of hours before dinner and placed it in the fridge. Don't make it too early. You don't want the raw onion to overtake the flavor, and you don't want it to separate. Shake well before using.


I cooked my bacon the night before when I was making dinner. I kept it in the fridge and just chopped it into large pieces as I assembled the salad. Boiled eggs are quartered and added. I just realized I completely forgot to add the croutons! Oh well. It was delicious anyway!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


3 comments:

  1. I love salad! This one is calling my name. Also, cute idea for a party theme. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salad looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing it on Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS