Monday, February 5, 2018

Nutella Mousse


Time for dessert! I'm wrapping up my birthday dinner menu from late January. Today we end with a light but luscious Nutella mousse. Y'all, it doesn't get any easier than this, but it looks and tastes like a million bucks!


Here's one last look at the redbird tablesetting. You can see it all here.


Dinner was light, but comforting. We were iced in, after all! Get the recipe for Italian wedding soup here and the recipe for the easy foccasia bread here.


Brack has been interested in helping me cook lately, so I had him in mind when I chose dessert - both for it's simplicity and because he loves Nutella! Plus, I had everything on hand. I'll bet you do, too!

Nutella Mousse

3 cups very cold heavy cream
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Nutella (room temperature)

Add the heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer. (I have a stainless steel bowl, and I like to stick it in the freezer for about 15 minutes before making homemade whipped cream. It just keeps the heavy cream cold.)

Using the whisk balloon attachment, beat the heavy cream and sugar on medium-low for a couple of minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the cream begins to thicken. Increase speed to medium-high, and beat until stiff peaks form. Remove from mixer.

Carefully fold in the Nutella until it is completely mixed and there are no streaks of either left. I used a pastry bag to pipe the mousse into these dainty dessert cups, then refrigerated it until dinner. 

I finished it by grating a little dark chocolate on top. I had a bar leftover from Christmas baking.


I only filled six dessert dishes that night. The rest went into a covered container in the fridge. Somehow, it was gone by lunch the next day. I think all four of us took a spoon and stuck our heads in the fridge...several times - the next day! 


I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


4 comments:

  1. Any recipe that starts off with “3 cups very cold heavy cream” is bound to be good! Looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Nutella Mousse looks fabulous! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS