Sunday, May 26, 2024

Muted Floral Tea Party

 

I'm back with another tea party from last summer! You'll remember that late last Spring, I posted on Facebook that I was going to be hosting several tea parties over the summer, and that the invitation was wide open! I had several ladies reach out and say that they would love to come to tea. Each party was a mix of ladies from my church, community, family, and friends at large. We all had a wonderful time getting to know each other better over delicious food and a steaming cup of tea.

 

For this tablescape, I began with a tea set that I found years ago while thrifting. I have the teacups and saucers, small bread-sized plates, as well as the sugar bowl and creamer. The pattern is "Belinda" by Paragon. I used my everyday white dishes ("White Satin" by Nikko) as a base. I love layers, and while the small bread and butter plates are just perfect for a scone, they looked a little lost on the large rose gold charger. The white dinner plate brought it all together.


I have developed a renewed love for gold. I'm wearing gold jewelry again, using it (and brass, and rose gold, etc.) in decorating my home, and as a result, it has found its way to my tablescapes, as well!


I always serve iced water with hot tea. I used my vintage Fostoria "Jamestown" stems in amber. These are one of my go-to glass patterns in fall, but it looked so pretty with the soft muted Spring colors in this tablescape.


I have invested in quite a few small sets of flatware to use at tea time. I love how delicate they look on my smaller plates and let's be honest, isn't it more fun to eat with a mini fork, knife, or spoon?!


White napkins are a staple for tea time. I have quite a supply of vintage napkins. I pick up white linen or cotton napkins whenever I see them.


I love displaying tea tins. It's a pretty addition to my table, plus it makes it easy if someone asks about the flavor profile about a tea I'm serving.


I love to keep brown sugar cubes. They are pretty, and they have so much flavor! Molasses are added to give them their color and taste. It adds a little more interest to whatever I'm drinking.


I grabbed a $5 bouquet from Walmart and divided it into several small clear vases. I filled them out with some greenery from my yard.


I like a full table - whether it is due to decorations or color and texture. This one showcased the muted watercolor-esque flowers in the sheer fabric I used over a white tablecloth.


The glow of candles - even during the day - adds a touch of warmth to a table. I think it encourages people to linger!


Here's a closeup of the pretty china pattern. Lovely flowers in pretty Spring colors are a pleasure to behold as you sip your tea!


I must admit it has been a year since I hosted this tea party, and well, quite a bit has happened since then. I hope to fill you in soon. Unfortunately, I can't remember what kind of scones I served!


This was a full afternoon tea menu with scones as the first course, finger sandwiches and chicken salad cups, and then a lemon tartlet and orange fluff for dessert.


It was a rainy day, but we had a wonderful time! The food was wonderful, but the company was even better! I hope to do this again next summer. I have a lot of projects going on in my home right now, so entertaining a lot is on hold. But I sure am glad I issued an open invitation to tea. Have you ever tried it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS