Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Romantic Paris-Inspired Valentine's Day Tablescape 2018


Happy Valentine's Day, y'all! Buckle up, 'cause this tablescape is not for the faint of heart! But it is perfect for Valentine's Day. I'm so pleased with how this design came out! 

Back at the beginning of the year, I challenged myself to buy very little, if anything, this year. Mama and I made a quick trip to the lake last Friday when I saw that one of my favorite thrift stores was having a half-off sale. On the way, I had a little talk with myself to clarify exactly what the above challenge meant. The way I understand it (and myself agreed!), is that I am not planning on buying anything new to design a specific table this year. For example - for this Valentine's Day table, I used what I had. Nothing new. However, when the best thrift store in the world (in my humble opinion) goes half off, it's fair game to stock up on a few pretties. As long as we all understood what I meant!

On to the tablescape...


As (almost) always, I began with my white tablecloth. It is polyester, but I refer to it as my white "linen" hemstitched tablecloth. I have two - a larger for my dining room table that fits when my leaf is in and this one for the kitchen table. I'm needing to replace the one for the dining room as it has developed a hole from wear and tear. However, it still works when I'm using an overlay...like the one below.


This gorgeous cut was in my fabric closet. I had bought it for a couple of bucks off the remnant table back when a local fabric shop was going out of business. I think it may have even been 75% off a couple of bucks. As I used to use red as my accent color through the house, I intended to make pillow covers. In fact, I still may. My new sofa and loveseat are a pretty neutral color and this would make great accent pillows for February.


My local Dollar Tree had a ton of chargers during Christmas. A couple of my simple gold ones that I had for years were beginning to crack, so I pick up a dozen new ones. They also had them in a pearly white. Fantastic investment. A pretty charger really sets off a stack of dishes. 


The pretty dinner plate above is "Double Phoenix" in red by Nikko. I love, love, LOVE these dishes. I only have four dinner plates. They're pretty rare. I usually have three of them hanging in a plate display rack in my foyer. I pulled them for tonight's dinner. I'd love to have more of these one day.


On top is a salad plate - also by Nikko - called "White Satin". This is the everyday pattern I got when we married. The outside rim of the plates is similar. These are so versatile. They're nearly 20 years old, but they still look fresh and modern. 


On top is a sweet little red beaded bread and butter plate from JC Penney Home Collection. I found these last year at a thrift store for .25 cents each. I only have four, but that's all I needed tonight!


These beautiful stems are "Jamestown" by Fostoria. The color is called amber, but it might as well be gold. They are gorgeous with the chargers. 


The flatware above is called "Golden American Chippendale" by FB Rogers. These were a gift to myself a few years ago. I found them on eBay.


Here's a look at the entire place setting.


My centerpiece is a little French-style vignette. I don't usually like anything tall in a centerpiece, but since you can see through it, I went for it.


I found the Eiffel Tower-esqe statue at Kirkland's several years ago.


These cuties looked a little French...maybe like Little Boy Blue? This has been part of my "Be My Valentine" hutch display this month. It came from Hobby Lobby.


The gold-patterned glass votive holders came from The Dollar Tree a couple of years ago, but they usually have something similar in stock. I scattered four of these down the middle of the table.


I thought a small simple vase with flowers might be something like you'd see on an outdoor French bistro table. The vase is a little brass milk bottle. It picked up on my gold accents.


Here's an aerial view of my tablescape. I love it! It was rich, beautiful, and romantic, and would have been perfect for just me and my sweetheart, but my children appreciated it, too! I had a lot of fun pulling this together. 

We have a busy week - as usual - and this was our only night home, so we actually celebrated a day early. Check back in to see what we had for dinner...it was scrumptious!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing!








10 comments:

  1. Beautiful table setting. I love to dress my table up :) Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire! Table settings are my passion. Hope to run into you online again soon!

      Delete
  2. I hope you had a very Happy Valentine's Day Missy! Your romantic Parisian style table setting is lovely. I love the Little Boy Blue Vday card. The card speaks to me on why we celebrate the loved one in our life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thanks, Candy! I hope you had a special day, too! Come back and see me soon!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Double Phoenix dinner plate, beautiful for photography. Very pretty table setting. Thanks for sharing your tips at FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the pattern, too. There was a lot going on in this tablescape, but I thought it was perfect. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Your table is so beautiful and perfect for a very special romantic Valentine Day. When the table is pretty it just sets the mood for the whole dinner. Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great table. Like you I love the Double Phoenix plates. I also love the valentine and the fabric overlay. Just beautiful. So lush and rich looking. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table. The overlay is so eye catching. Love your dinner plates on the gold chargers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS