Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Mocha Punch


Mocha punch is a Christmas tradition around our house. I first learned this recipe from my friend (and college professor) Dr. Donna Bentley about ten years ago. She always served it at our Embroidery Guild Christmas parties which she would host. I made it for several years when we hosted the College of Business Christmas parties at our home when Gerald was still the associate dean. Brack loves it. Well - actually everyone does. Brack however, REALLY loves it! 


The most important part of this simple recipe is choosing your coffee. It calls for instant, and depending on the time of your party (day or night), you'll want to choose carefully between regular and decaf. This was an early afternoon party, so I went with regular.


Begin by adding one cup of sugar and two ounces of the instant coffee to two cups of boiling water. Stir until dissolved and remove from heat.


Once it has cooled, place in a mason jar (or some kind of container) and put it in the fridge. I usually make this mixture one to two days ahead.

When you're ready to serve it, add the coffee mixture to a punch bowl and add one gallon of WHOLE milk. Stir gently to mix. (I got about 3/4ths of my milk into the bowl before stopping to save room for the ice cream.) That's right! I said ice cream! Use a small cookie scoop or melon baller to add small balls of chocolate ice cream. I used about half a box of icecream for this recipe.

Be sure to get a scoop or two of ice cream in each cup! 


Isn't that pretty? And so good...

And yes, even though it was a "girl" party, my baby boy got as much Mocha Punch as he could drink. It is Christmas, after all!



I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS