Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hot Ham and Turkey Sandwiches


I've spent the last couple of days showing you the details from the Mother/Son Valentine's Day Party I hosted last weekend. You can catch up on the decorations here. Today, we're talking food!


I kept young boys in mind when planning the menu. I wanted things I knew they'd like, but they had to be packed with flavor. We ended up with a delicious menu...

Meatballs with Chili and Grape Jelly Sauce
Hot Ham and Turkey Sandwiches
Toritlla Chips with Salsa and Queso Blanco Sauce
Fruit Salad
Red Velvet Cookies
Cherry Fizz Punch

 

Brack loves these meatballs. I hope he doesn't read this post, because if he knew they had grape jelly in them, it'd be all over but the shoutin'! I cook these for four hours on low in the crock pot. So easy! They steamed up the glass bowl when I poured them in.


I'll share the recipe for queso blanco sauce tomorrow.


These ham and turkey sandwiches were so good!


I began by splitting two packages of brown and serve dinner rolls.


Next I mixed 1/3 cup of mayo, four tablespoons of softened butter, a heaping tablespoon of brown sugar, a tablespoon of Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder and a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.


Mix well.


Spread about one quarter of the sauce on each bottom half of rolls.


I used what I had on hand, but they tasted delicious! I thought the turkey needed a little spicing up, so I used the rest of a pack of pepper jack cheese (Brack recently requested this cheese for his hamburgers).


I evenly layered the bread with a couple of slices of turkey. This turkey is a little thicker than the ham.


Next I added one layer of cheese.


Put the top layer back on.


This is my go-to sandwich combo. I always have some on hand.


The ham is shaved so I layered it a little more thickly.


Two layers of provolone. It's thinner than the pepper jack and not as spicy!


Next I split the remaining butter sauce between the two and completely buttered the tops.


Cover in foil and bake for about 15 minutes at 325. Remove foil and place on the lowest rack and broil for about two minutes. Keep an eye on it! 


By the time everyone left, there were only three of these left! They were a hit.


These are the sweetest boys! I'm so glad Brack has such great friends!

Check in tomorrow for more recipes!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!
Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS