Thursday, March 24, 2016

Doritos Casserole


Here's one of my go-to recipes when I need a quick and filling supper. Who doesn't love ground beef...and cheese...and Doritos!


Brown ground beef and onion.


Cook until no longer pink.


Add taco seasoning and flour.


Stir until beef and onions are coated.


Add a can of chicken broth.


I'll bet you have this in your pantry now!


Mix well.


Simmer until thickened.


This is what I had on hand the last time I made this. I usually use cheddar, but I needed to use this Monterey Jack. The light sour cream works great.


Remove from heat and add sour cream.


I had about half a large bag of Doritos left. A regular sized bag will do great.


Crush them up. If you don't need to use the entire bag, put them in a ziploc bag and crush them.


Spray a casserole dish with Pam and add a layer of chips...


then a layer of meat then cheese...


repeat with more chips...


meat...


and cheese.


Finish off with a layer of chips.


Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly.


I like to garnish mine with tomatoes and black olives. I didn't have any green onions that night, but they're great too. Add anything you like on your tacos, or serve with a side salad.

This is a fast, easy meal that always gets rave review from my family!

You can get a printer friendly version of the recipe here.

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...



No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS