Saturday, April 2, 2016

Easter 2016 Tablescape

I planned to do a little blogging while we were on Spring Break at the lake last week, but alas, when I tried to log in on Gerald's laptop to do it, it was more trouble than it was worth! Instead, I enjoyed some down time with my kids playing games and fishing!


We're back home, and it's a lazy Saturday morning, so I decided to take some time and get some writing done. Today I'll begin to share the details from our Easter meal. First - the tablescape!


Several of you have commented that you like seeing how I pull it all together, so I've started taking pictures as I go, not just of the finished product.  Maybe this will inspire you to dig deep in your closets and see what you can find to decorate your tables with!

I started with my white linen tablecloth. Then I added a burlap runner. I made this runner myself, and it was so easy. It's just three yards of burlap that I cut in half and finished the edges so it wouldn't ravel. I'll show you one day how to work with burlap... 


Next I added these adorable green placemats. I was really going for more of a "charger" look than actual placemats.


Bet you can't guess where these came from... Yep! Dollar Tree. Love these.


OK - so even though I was going for a charger look with the green placemat, I still added my wicker chargers. It's all about the layers...


My everyday dishes - "White Satin" by Nikko - came next. They're always perfect.


These delicate and pretty stems were a gift to me several years ago from my sweet sister-in-law, Clancy. She had bought them at Cracker Barrel but never really used them. They're the perfect Spring stem. I don't know what the pattern is, but it looks like cabbage leaves. Perfect!


Here are the pretty green napkins I made for St. Patrick's Day. I think they look great with my natural theme for Easter. I folded them differently to mix it up a little. I'm such a rebel...

I used my everyday flatware - "Austen" by Yamazaki.


I found these precious bunny plates at Hobby Lobby. Actually, I ordered them online because my local store didn't have them. I've always wanted bunny accent plates. I got them for $5 each.


There are two scenes - one bunny standing and one crouching.


For a centerpiece, I used a little picket fence basket (about $5 from Hobby Lobby this year in the Spring Shop area). I placed two pots of ground cover grass that I picked up at Lowe's. These will go outside this Spring. I already had the white and green flowers in containers on my table, so I plucked a few stems and put them in a milk jar inside the fence.


The centerpiece made a perfect playground for my bunnies! These are now 66% off at Hobby Lobby. I know they have them online still. They're about $1.50-$3.00 now!


The bunnies look like old-fashioned children's toys to me! Aren't they sweet? You're gonna see them again soon. Just wait until you see what I'm going to do with them!


These sweet little bunnies came in packages of three from Hobby Lobby this year. On sale I paid about $1.75 for the pack. I used the same green sand (Dollar Tree) and the cloche glasses I already had to put these bunnies under glass. I did something similar at St. Patrick's Day when we captured some leprechauns! I just think putting something under glass draws attention to it, plus the glass adds some light and sparkle to my tablesetting. Don't you think?


A wider view of my centerpiece.


Now an "aerial view"!


An individual placesetting...


Closeup of the flowers and grass...


I scattered the green tealight candles I bought for St. Patrick's Day down the table again, but this time in frosted white tealight cups.


Bunnies standing guard...


One more look...

I love the natural feel of this brown and green tablescape. I bought a few new things (On sale! Always on sale!) and re-purposed everything else. This is one of my favorites!


I hope you had a wonderful Easter! Check back in tomorrow for recipes from our meal.

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS