Thursday, March 17, 2016

Homemade Barbecue Sauce

 

We celebrated my SIL, Allison's, 40th birthday recently with a surprise party.

Boston Butt sliders were the main dish, and I made homemade barbecue sauce and homemade horseradish sauce to go along with them.


The horseradish sauce is so simple - one cup mayo, one cup sour cream and horseradish to taste. I use a lot of it because I like it hot! I probably use about three heaping tablespoons of it. Salt and pepper to taste. That's it in the lower right corner.

Top right corner has Cattleman's brand barbecue sauce. Mustard based but sweet. You can buy it anywhere.

My homemade sauce is in the other two containers. It's simple and delicious...

Homemade Barbecue Sauce

1/2 cup strong coffee
1/2 cup water
1 cup catsup
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic

Mix together and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and cook for about 45 minutes until reduced and thickened. Stir often. Cool, place in mason jars and store in fridge for about two weeks.

I doubled the recipe for the party, and took a little home, but not much!

This recipe is tangy and sweet, and I love the flecks of garlic you can feel as well as taste. This is so good!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS