Friday, March 18, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Tablescape



I love setting a table. I enjoy going through my stuff to see what I can use, and yes, I love buying new things! But I have to tell you, this tablescape made me really happy. I love the fresh shades of green. It's one of my favorite tablescapes ever!


I thought I'd show you how it all came together. I began with my white linen tablecloth. Next I added a new runner that I made. I love this print! It's by Waverly and I found it at my local Walmart. I bought 3 yards (at $3.97 each) and cut it in half lengthwise. I hemmed the ends and side for this runner. I haven't use the other half yet. Maybe I'll make another runner for my dining room table or maybe I'll just hold it to see what I can do with it later. Either way, I love this pattern!


Next I added my gold chargers. I've had these forever. I think I got them over ten years ago at Big Lots. Now you can find them anywhere for a couple of dollars each. Then I placed my centerpiece in the middle. More on that in a minute.


I added white dinner plates (White Satin by Nikko) and green stemware. The plates are my everyday pattern. I bought the stems at a Friends for Faulkner yard sale a few years ago. I got seven for $5. Anybody got another to complete my set? 


Next I added napkins and flatware. The flatware is an inexpensive set I got at Target just after we married. It's called "Abigail" by Hampton Silversmiths. It has a touch of gold on the tips which pick up the yellow flecks in the table runner and the gold chargers.


I made the napkins. It is a solid green fabric, also by Waverly. Three and a half yards made me a dozen 20" napkins. I'm using these for Easter, too, so that made the expense a little less.

TIP: I only used four of the twelve new napkins last night, but I washed all of them last night after dinner. This ensures that they fade evenly. And they will - not immediately, but over time they do. They'll all match if you do this regularly.


The green plate on top is "Rise" by Rachel Ray. Love the apple green! It's so spring-y!


Closeup of the stemware. It's "Gibraltar" by Libbey.


I placed some green tea lights in gold tea light holders on the table. "Gold coins" are scattered down the middle. 


Another view of the table.


Here's a closeup of my centerpiece.


Remember this? I found this at the thrift store a few weeks ago for $2.


For greenery, I used a sedum that I have bought to go outside on my deck this spring.


Leaving it in the pot, I placed it in the vase and added rocks to cover the black plastic.


Now all I do is remove it and plant it in a terracotta pot this weekend!


These rocks come from Dollar Tree. They're great indoors and out. Not only are they pretty, they keep plants moist.


I found these cute little leprechauns at Hobby Lobby when they were 40% off. That made them about $2 each. I used a saucer and some glass cloches I already had to "capture" the little men!


The green sand came from Dollar Tree.


Here's an "aerial" view! Isn't it sweet? They kids loved it, too. It was fun and reminded us all that Spring is just around the corner!

Check back in soon for the menu. It was delicious!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...



4 comments:

  1. Happy Saint Patrick's Day!! Your showing of the green is indeed very sweet. Your handy work in making this charming runner is spot on for a lovely St Paddy day tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Candy! I love to reuse things to see how different they can look. Thanks for stopping by our neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, makes me wish that I was Irish #ourminilinkyparty@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't everybody a little Irish on St. Paddy's day? ;)

      Delete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS