Monday, April 4, 2016

Chicken Piccata Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce


We had a big family meal at my parent's home on Easter Sunday, so instead of cooking again that night, Gerald, the kids, and I had our Easter meal on Monday night. We have taekwondo on Mondays (who am I kidding - we have it on Tuesdays and Thursdays, too!) so I needed a pretty quick meal and one that was not too heavy. Chicken Piccata Pasta with Lemon Cream Sauce was perfect!

 

Begin by pounding chicken tenders into cutlets. I've tried the old "pound 'em between sheets of plastic wrap" trick and it just doesn't work for me. The plastic wrap sticks together and tears. I use parchment paper instead. It holds up well, and it is easily repositioned over more chicken.


Don't make them paper thin - just maybe flatten it halfway.


Salt and pepper liberally.


Dredge in flour.


Heat two tablespoons EVOO and two tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.


Cook for about 4 minutes on the first side.


Flip and cook another three minutes or so until done. I cooked my chicken in two batches so it wasn't too crowded. Be careful not to let your butter burn. Remove chicken to a plate.


Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and heavy whipping cream to the pan drippings. Scrape bottom of pan with a whisk.


Bring to a boil, add capers. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.


Return chicken to the sauce. Simmer on low. Sauce will thicken some from the flour mixture and chicken will finish cooking through.


I used angel hair pasta. It's lighter than spaghetti and cooked in about 5 minutes.


My herb garden is doing great! I grabbed some flat leaf parsley and chopped it for garnish.


Serve chicken over pasta with sauce. Slice lemons very thinly and garnish.

You can print the recipe here.

I will be honest and tell you that my kids did not eat the capers, but they loved everything else. They just picked them off. But don't think you can leave them out! They add a briny flavor and cut the acidity of the lemons. You would miss the flavor if you didn't use them.

Tomorrow I'll share my Spring-inspired side dishes! Hope to see you then!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


1 comment:

  1. Can look at my blog to see prices, and nutritional facts of chicken at different grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS