Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Spring Avacado Dip

My last Miss Manners party fell on a VERY busy weekend, so I kept the food simple. I made pinwheel sandwiches, chips and dip, crudites, and cupcakes. The dip was a huge hit! One little girl came back four times! She actually scraped the bowl. Yep. It was that good.


You need two cups sour cream (I used light), two ripe avocados, one lime, a packet of Ranch Dips mix, and salt and pepper.


Remove pit from avocado. Slice into cubes and use a spoon to scoop out. Slicing it ahead of time just made it easier to whip it to a creamy texture.


Squeeze the juice of one lime over the avocado to keep it from browning.


Add salt and pepper. Quite a lot. Avocado and sour cream both suck up the seasoning.


I used a potato masher to cream the avocados.


Add the Dips seasonings packet.


Add two cups sour cream.


Whisk until smooth and creamy. I just did this by hand.


You can see this makes about four cups.

Refrigerate a couple of hours so the flavors can marry.

Some ate this on chips, some on veggies. But everyone ate it! I had bell pepper strips, carrots, tomatoes and cucumber slices for dipping. 

It's kinda like quacamole for beginners! Give it a try. It's delicious!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS