Thursday, March 23, 2017

Roasted Cabbage Steaks


We're wrapping up our St. Patrick's Day main course today with these roasted cabbage steaks. I saw these on pinterest, and of course, they looked amazing. I decided to give them a try because they didn't require a lot of hands on time or last minute minding. 


I began by removing the top two or three leaves.


Then I placed it on it's side (core out at 9:00), and sliced it into steaks or rings about 1/2" thick.


Be careful as you cut. They want to unravel. Place on a sheet pan.


Brush with oil. I grabbed for my EVOO bottle, but picked up the canola. Either is fine.


Flip carefully and oil the other side.


Salt and pepper liberally. Cabbage can handle it. Put in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes. Watch it and don't let it burn. You do want brown crunchy edges, though.


This really tastes just like stir fried cabbage that gets a little crispy. It was easy to do and let me focus on finishing my soup while this cooked in the oven!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

2 comments:

  1. I can not wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were really good. I'm going to try red cabbage next time to add color!

      Delete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS