Friday, March 24, 2017

Triple Chocolate Mint Delights


I'm finishing up my St. Patrick's Day recipes just in time for the weekend. These cookies...y'all, you MUST make them. But do it at your own risk. I'm not really big on sweets, but I could NOT stop eating these. Yum. Jewell named these. Can't decide whether the name is a stroke of genius or just the best description ever. Maybe both.

Triple Chocolate Mint Delights

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
2 large eggs, plus one large yolk
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
green food coloring
3 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 ounces mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
4 ounces dark chocolate chips
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips

You could use just one kind of chocolate chips. The recipe just called for semi-sweet. But this is what I had on hand. And to be honest, I would suggest doing at least half semi-sweet and half dark. I think all milk chocolate or all semi-sweet would be to sweet. The dark chocolate balances things nicely.



Begin by creaming softened butter and granulated sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.


Meanwhile, mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Use a whisk for easy sifting. 


Measure out chocolate chips.


Add eggs, one at a time, to creamed butter/sugar. Add peppermint extract and 8-10 drops green food coloring. Mix well.


Gradually add in flour, mixing until just combined.


Scoop out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.


They should be just set and a little brown around the edges.


These are amazing warm.


And just as good three days later. Assuming there are any left!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...

2 comments:

  1. Missy, this entire meal has my mouth watering! And those cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS