Thursday, March 16, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Tablescape 2017



We've got homeschool co-op tomorrow, Jewell's got plans tomorrow night, and Brack is having a couple of friends over to spend the night, so I decided we'd have our St. Patrick's Day meal tonight! Above is just a peek at my tablesetting. I took my cue from the Irish flag and went with green, white, and orange for my color scheme.


You can take it all in, including my St. Patrick's Day-decked out china cabinet, above.


Several of you have said you like to see how it all comes together, so I'll share the stages with you. Above you can see my old stand-by white linen tablecloth. It's the perfect base for just about every tablesetting I do!


Next I added the burlap table runner I made a couple of years ago. I used it this past Christmas for my Miss Manners Gingerbread Party, last Easter, as well as last Thanksgiving. Take a look and see how different it can look in each setting.


I added orange placemats.


Closeup - Aren't these pretty? Got them several years ago at Dollar Tree. They don't always have placemats, but it's worth looking! These are 100% cotton. Haven't had to wash them yet.


My gold chargers get used all the time. They're great for dressing up or down!


My everyday white plates - "White Satin" by Nikko.


I picked up these cabbage plates last year after my friend, Melissa Lester, featured them in one of her blog posts. I found them at Tuesday Morning. I think they were on sale for $4 a piece. That's actually a little more than I usually spend, but they were new, and I love them! The plates are called "San Raphael" by Bordallo Pinheiro. 


My sister-in-law, Clancy, gave me these stems several years ago. They have a cabbage pattern on them. She found them at Cracker Barrel, I think. I love these, and they are my go-to glasses in Spring. Perfect match for my cabbage plates!


I made the napkins from a scrap of green plaid fabric I found at Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago. There was just enough for four 20" dinner napkins, but the scrap was only $1.50! That's like .37 cents a napkin!


The napkins have a tiny orange stripe through the plaid which is picked up by the placemats below. The flatware is "Abigail" by Hampton Silversmiths. It came from Target over fifteen years ago. The gold tips coordinate nicely with the gold chargers.


I found these "hammered" gold votive holders at Dollar Tree before Thanksgiving last year. They look sooooooo expensive, don't you think? I love them!


I needed something to use for my centerpiece. This is an old copper jello mold. I inherited these from my greatgrandmother and another matching set from my grandmother. The copper mimics the orange placemats, but coordinates with the gold on the table. Don't be afraid to mix metals!


You can see how I usually have these displayed above.


I picked these plants up at Lowe's. They're called "Irish Moss", so I thought they'd be perfect for this table! $2.48 for each one, and they will be moved into the planters by my front door this weekend. I trimmed some off the bottom and sides to make the two plants fit in the mold.


I love the contrast between the shiny copper and the airy plant.


Here's a closer look at my stemware. You can also see that I scattered some gold coins down the table. These were featured on my St. Patrick's Day table last year.


Another view...


and one more. Simple and elegant, but festive!


Here's a peek at what we had for dinner. Recipes to come soon!

I'm sharing this post on Tablescape Thursdays over at Between Naps on The Porch!


I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.
I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you layered your elements for a great table, it looks real pretty! Have a great first week of spring and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with FULL PLATE THURSDAY!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS