Thursday, March 16, 2017

Crockpot Corned Beef


I'm continuing today with my St. Patrick's Day recipes. You can click here to see my Irish flag-inspired tablesetting. I was looking for a way to cut down my dinner prep time for our St. Patrick's Day meal last week. Cooking the corned beef in the crock pot sure did help with that.


I waited until the last minute to get my brisket, and there wasn't much left to choose from. I knew I was going to cook it in the crockpot, so it couldn't be huge. I ended up finding one that was about 2 1/4 pounds. Basically enough for just one meal.

I placed it in the crockpot and used a paper towel to dry some of the moisture off the top.


Mix the seasoning packet, a teaspoon kosher salt, half teaspoon freshly ground pepper, a teaspoon of white sugar and a couple cloves of minced garlic.


Mix well.


Rub on top of corned beef.


Add a bay leaf and a cup of water to the side of the brisket so you don't dislodge the rub.


Cook on low for nine to ten hours. Remove from crock pot and place under broiler to add color to the top. Slice on the diagonal.


Not going to lie - this was much easier than the way I usually cook this - you can see that recipe here, but it wasn't nearly as juicy and good. But time-saving is what I was looking for, and that's what I got!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


1 comment:

  1. Your Crockpot Corned Beef will be delicious, a great way to cook it. Have a great first week of spring and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with FULL PLATE THURSDAY!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS