Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A Masculine Tablescape...Gerald's Birthday Dinner 2017


We had a quiet dinner at home back in August for Gerald's birthday. He picked the menu (steak and potatoes), and I did the rest. Here's a look at the masculine tablescape I put together for the (big) birthday boy!


Again, I pulled out a muslin painter's dropcloth I got at Lowe's a few years ago to fit the eight foot folding table I was using for Thanksgiving. It's really rather pretty, especially if you know what it really is!


My burlap table runner went down the middle.


It was still August (and summer...and hot...), but I wanted a masculine look, and these chargers fit the part. I got these several years ago at Walmart after Christmas when they were half off. They're made by Better Homes and Gardens.


I introduced these plates to you a few weeks ago, when I featured them in the tablesetting for Jewell's 15th birthday. they came from Dollar Tree. I love the color, but I really love the brown edge they have. Just a nice little touch to dress up an inexpensive plate.


Layers nicely, doesn't it?


The glasses are "Woodland" by Fostoria. They are vintage discontinued. They were a wedding gift from my aunt. 


I made the muslin napkins a few years ago for Thanksgiving. I have about two dozen of them. The flatware is "Austen" by Yamazaki.


I have to show off one of my recent thrift store purchases. I was missing a steak knife from the set we got when we married. I'm sure someone used it to scrape off a plate into the trash, and then just let go without thinking. I had been looking for a spare, but I found this set of six instead. They looked brand new, and I paid a whopping $5 for the set.


I used a plant that I already had as my centerpiece.

TIP - I love houseplants. I have quite a few. They add a nice little touch, plus they clean the air! This is an easy one to grow - once you know how. It is called a Mosaic plant (fittonia albivenis), and I got it at Lowes. It doesn't need light (in fact, it can't take direct light), and it like to dry out between waterings. Pinch it back from time to time to keep it bushy and not leggy.


Here's a wider view...


The deer was a thrift store find. I knew it was perfect for Gerald's dinner! The gold votive holders came from a yardsale at Faulkner, if I remember correctly.


We had New York strip steaks, roasted potatoes, and broccoli roasted with Parmesan and slivered almonds.


Doesn't this look like a tablescape fit for a man? I think so!

I'm so glad you stopped by my neck of the woods!

Please take a moment to sign up to receive new posts by email.

I wouldn't want you to miss one crazy thing...


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Beautiful yet masculine! Will you please post your roasted broccoli recipe?

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS